- We had to prove ourselves after BLAST Premier in London. An event that was, in many ways, a wake-up call. We always evaluate our effort with the people around us after a tournament but this time we had a bit more to discuss.
- We have addressed it and even though there are no guarantees in tournaments with the world’s best teams in the first event of the year, we feel like we’ve found our groove now.
- A long tournament gives us time to work out in the morning, eat together, go for walks and find a mental balance.
- We’ve gone through the tournament without dropping a map but we’ve felt the pressure at times and gone to double overtime. Today, we’re facing NAVI which is a team that can beat us if we’re not playing 100%.
"We had to prove ourselves after BLAST Premier" - Danny "zonic" Sørensen.
- I feel for the fans who traveled down here to see their favorites teams play. We see a lot of Astralis fans at these tournaments, from a number of different countries but this is just the worst-case scenario for all fans, no matter who they support, Danny comments.
- That being said, we believe the right decisions have been made and know that it’s a question about people’s safety. We love playing in front of an audience and to meet the fans but it’s not going to shift our focus from the tournament.
- We’re here to win and I hope all fans of all teams will show their support online, in front of the screen. Let us know you’re out there, it’s first and foremost the fans we’re playing for, concludes head coach of Astralis Danny 'zonic' Sørensen.