- Andreas is in the need of a pause from competing. Needless to say, the timing isn’t optimal, but we cannot compromise when it comes to giving the players the best possibilities to maintain a healthy mental balance and to perform in the long term.
- We have been very clear on our wish to give the players better conditions and the possibility to sit out from specific tournaments. That’s the reason we have signed two additional players for the roster, however, as Patrick 'es3tag' Hansen will only join us in July, I am happy that Marco “Snappi” Pfeiffer has agreed to step in immediately.
- We know Marco very well and he knows the team and the organization from his time with “JUGi” in Heroic in this office and I look forward to seeing him working with the team over the coming period.
- For 4 years, we have worked with the focus on health and performance and we still have a lot of areas to improve as an organization and as an industry. An acceptance of bigger rosters is needed if we want to give the players time to recover and even take time off for personal reasons, and I am glad we see a growing understanding and support in the industry.
- I have sadly been feeling burnout/stress symptoms chasing me over many months. It's time to take the necessary break to rest and find the motivation to get back to competing for Astralis. Everyone around me has done a great number of things in order to avoid it, and there is nothing that I would rather do than keep on playing without a break, but the time has come to take care of my health and therefore I have given in a sick note to Astralis.
- I really want to extend a huge thank you to the teammates, the Astralis organization and everyone around me who has been very supportive in this time. I don't know when I will be back competing but I hope for my fans' understanding as this was a very hard decision for me to make.
The first tournament for Marco “snappi” Pfeiffer is BLAST Showdown on 1-7 June. The full team will be Nicolai “dev1ce” Reedtz, Jakob “JUGi” Hansen, Marco “Snappi” Pfeiffer, Emil “Magisk” Reif and Peter “dupreeh” Rasmussen.